Monday 9 April 2012

Searching for the rare Pink Fawn lily


With my fast approaching Flower Photography workshop April 14th 2012  I thought I might take the short drive over to Hi-Knoll Park on the Langley/Surrey border to see whether any colour was showing. It has been a cold few weeks here in British Columbia's Lower Mainland so the wild flowers are a week or two behind.
Not only is High Knoll home to barred owls and other forest dwelling birds it also has a few rare pink fawn lilies. The white lilies are easily found throughout the forest but I could only find one of the pink variety. Here are the results of my short walk in the park on Easter Sunday. I used a very shallow depth of field to remove distracting backgrounds.


To find out more about 

White fawn lily

Pink fawn lily

Wild blackcurrent

No comments:

Post a Comment