Wednesday 15 June 2016

Glen Valley Lazuli Bunting

June 15/16 Glen Valley BC Clouds/Rain Showers and Sun
Following the Glen Valley bird count last weekend when 53 species were noted I decided to re-visit Lefeuvre Rd to see if there were more than the one lazuli bunting. Sure enough at the bottom of the hill just where the road flattens out is a patch farmland that has been left to grow wild. Two birds. were feeding among the  blackberries and wild grasses, a favourite food for the lazuli. Along with the bunting were a pair of nesting common yellowthroat.

Lazuli Bunting

"It's never too late to start birding"
John Gordon
Langley/Cloverdale 
BC Canada

2 comments:

  1. Thanks, they are incredibly beautiful and who but birders ever notice them.
    Enjoy your summer birding.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I checked out the same area a few days after the reported bird count and I could hear the Lazuli Bunting but I could not get my eyes on it. This spring I saw two of them several times on the far eastern end of North Parallel Rd in Abbotsford, Several at Island 22 in Chilliwack, a short distance from the eastern end of the Matsqui trail in Abbotsford I saw one. And one evening sitting at home I could hear one singing in the trees across the street. Yet I never saw any when I visited Merritt or Princeton. Right time, right place as they say.

    ReplyDelete