Thursday 10 September 2015

Some Nikon P900 Grab shots

After the trip across Canada it was time for some quality family time. I had been away two months and the green green garden I had left now looked like a war zone, burnt to a crisp by the lack of rain and watering restrictions.
The hot weather also meant that any birding activity would have to be undertaken early in the morning or not at all, mostly it was not at all! Anyway July is usually devoted to my other half unless of course there is a rarity in town and then she comes along and goes biking while I concentrate on the birding. Last time I found the bird in ten minutes and she was gone for three hours!
It was also time to go BC camping and so I took the Nikon P900 in case I saw anything interesting. Here are some results.
Boundary Bay 6.am
Nikon P900

California Bighorn Sheep. Lillooet
Nikon P900

California Bighorn Sheep Lytton Hwy 12.

Juvenile Hairy Woodpecker. Lillooet
Nikon P900


Finally I had some time to go birding after the Labour Day weekend. I chose the ferry terminal thinking I might find the Great Egret, this Whimbrel was a nice surprise. The Egret was a no show.
Whimbrel Tsawassen Ferry Terminal Sept 9 2015
Nikon P900 at 2000mm handheld. Shutter priority 

 "It's never too late to start birding"
John Gordon
Langley/Cloverdale 
BC Canada

No comments:

Post a Comment