Jan 3 2015
1. My first lifer of 2014 actually came from a May 2013 visit to Okanagan where I photographed a Cassin's Vireo. It sat undiscovered until January 2014 in a desktop"mystery bird" folder. I finally sent the picture to Mile Tabak who confirmed the ID.
2. Jan 14/14 Prairie Falcon at Brunswick Point, Delta BC. Originally found by Nick Balachanoff aka 'NickintheGarden'
3. Feb 6/14 Gyrfalcon New Brighton Park Vancouver.
4. Feb 10/14 Great Gray Owl Tynehead Regional Park, Surrey BC
|Great Gray Owl|
5. Feb 11/14 Townsend's Solitaire Richmond BC.
6. Feb 15/14 Tufted Duck Iona Regional Park/Sewage Lagoon.
|Tufted Duck (foreground)|
7. Mar 14/14 Sharp-shinned Hawk in my garden.
8. April15/14-May 6/14 73 UK Lifers from the Forest of Dean, Newport Wetlands and Gibralter Point, Lincolnshire.
|Skylark Gibralter Point Lincs|
|Goldfinch Slimbridge UK|
9. May 15/14 Williamson's Sapsucker and Cassin's Finch Princeton BC.
10. May21 Brewer's Sparrow, Chukar Keremos BC.
11. May18-22 Black Swift, Common Nighthawk, Gray Flycatcher, Olive-sided Flycatcher, Ruffed Grouse. Caribou BC.
12. Aug 30/14 Ruff Reifel.
13. Ash-throated Flycatcher. Another Nick Balachanoff aka 'NickintheGarden' find.
14. Oct 6/14 Northern Pygmy Owl Cypress Mountain north Vancouver. Nick Balachanoff aka 'NickintheGardener' yet again.
|Northern Pygmy Owl|
15. Nov 5/14 White-tailed Wagtail Brunswick Point Delta BC.
16/14 Nov 15/14 Acorn Woodpecker Victoria BC.
17. Dec 18 Surfbird Blackie Spit/Farmer's Slough.
So there it is 21 BC and Canada lifers and 73 lifers from the UK visit.
Wishing you all great birding in 2015.
"It's never too late to start birding"